If you are considering investing in Roatan Real Estate in Honduras, there are a variety of opportunities that are very attractive for those looking to own a beautiful piece of the Caribbean.
From seaside villas and sprawling oceanfront mansions to spacious lots of land with endless views to build your Caribbean Island dream home – Roatan real estate offers not only a great investment, but a safe and secure island paradise to call home, an exciting vacation getaway, or a lively retirement location without the high costs you might expect from a Caribbean destination.
Here are some tips for buying a home or land and making an investment that is sure to be a Roatan real estate success story!
1. Affordable Investment - The cost of homes and land on Roatan are much more affordable than other islands in the Caribbean. With beachfront lots for under $100,000 and inland costs even lower, Roatan real estate is a great investment on a beautiful and popular island.
2. Roatan Real Estate is a Safe Buy – Honduras has a very stable government, which is modeled after the U.S. system, and has allowed foreigners to purchase property since 1991. They encourage foreign real estate investors and welcome the opportunity, making it a great place to invest and live.
3. Retire and Relax to Roatan - Easy residency for retirees makes Roatan a desirable retirement spot for Americans and Canadian. The pensionado, a residence visa for retirees, requires a mere $1,500 a month income from a guaranteed source like a pension or Social Security for the applicant and a spouse. There is an active group of around 80,000 retirees and expats currently on the island.
4. Its Own Private Paradise – Although technically located in Honduras, Roatán is 30 miles offshore, making it feel like worlds away from the crowded, hectic mainland. Roatan real estate opportunities offer investors a safe community with a warm-weather climate on a beautiful island with a lower cost of living, plenty of services and amenities, and a stable economy to see a return on your investment.
5. Easy Access – The fact that Honduras has an international airport, with direct flights to popular destinations in the U.S. and Canada every day, makes it very accessible, which is a definite perk for any real estate investment. Getting to and from Roatan easily means that you have easy access to your home and guests will have no issues getting to and from the property at all.
6. Thriving Economy – While Roatan is a popular destination with visitors from all over the world due to its natural beauty, friendly locals, and safety of the Island, it (luckily) only gets a fraction of the visitors of other Caribbean destinations, making it a happy mix of locals and guests. The Island attracts visitors, but on a much more manageable scale, allowing locals to enjoy their home while still benefitting from the ample tourism dollars.
Roatan Real Estate is a great investment opportunity that offers affordable homes and land on a beautiful Caribbean island with easy access for investors and expats.
Whether you are looking for a stunning retirement destination, a relaxing vacation home, or a whole new life in the Caribbean sunshine, Roatan real estate is the perfect choice!